If you've been hurt, contact our Mobile, AL attorneys
Hospitals can be dangerous places, and some of the most serious dangers are hospital infections. Hospital-acquired infections cause serious health problems - and sometimes even fatalities - in hospitals across the country. Common and serious hospital infections include:
- Urinary tract infections
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Clostridium difficile infection (CDI or C-diff)
- Klebsiella (a type of bacterial infection)
- Escherichia coli (E. coli)
- Enterococcus infection (type of lactic acid bacteria)
- Sepsis (a life-threatening complication of infections)
Such infections often cause serious hospital injuries and illnesses. Knowing what to do if you or a loved one sustains such an infection in a hospital can be confusing. Even knowing what your rights are might not be clear. That's why it's important to talk to a hospital infection attorney. That's why we want to meet with you at Braswell Murphy LLC. Our Mobile, AL hospital infection attorneys have years of experience handling such cases throughout Alabama.
How hospital infections happen
Hospital infections happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Unsanitary conditions in hospital
- Infected hospital workers coming into contact with patients
- Infected medical instruments coming into contact with patients
- Poor ventilation, spreading infectious airborne bacteria
- Inexperienced hospital workers infecting patients
The smallest mistakes by medical professionals can result in serious or life-threatening infections. Don't take chances with your future. Seek immediate medical attention. Then contact us right away.
What we can do to help you
Hospitals often insist that infections sustained by patients cannot be controlled. Often, hospital administrators claim they did everything they could to prevent such infections from spreading. But the reality is most infections can be prevented through the diligent and persistent efforts of doctors, nurses and other medical professionals.
As your attorney, we can conduct a rigorous investigation to determine if hospital staff members failed to take precautions to prevent you or a loved one from contracting a serious hospital infection. We can analyze your medical records. We frequently consult with medical experts. And we're prepared to take the hospital to court if necessary.
Remember, you didn't do anything wrong. You shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistakes. Find out how we can help you. Schedule your free case evaluation today.