Nursing Home Abuse and Personal Injury Lawyers
Mobile, Alabama
Mobile, AL 251-438-7503

Do I Need a Mobile, AL Attorney for an Uninsured or Underinsured Driver Accident?

When drivers are involved in a car accident, one of the first things they do-after making sure everybody is OK-is exchange insurance information. Car insurance is designed to pay medical expenses and property damage repairs in the case of an accident. It's not only a good idea to have car insurance, it's the law.

The state of Alabama requires all auto insurance policy holders to carry minimum amounts of liability coverage: $25,000 for death or bodily injury to one person, $50,000 for death or bodily injuries to two or more people and $25,000 for property damage and destruction. Unfortunately, not all drivers follow the law. One study found that almost 20% of Alabama drivers don't have car insurance.

If you've been involved in a wreck with an uninsured or underinsured driver, contact a Mobile, AL car accident lawyer at Braswell Murphy, LLC. Our law firm helps drivers who have been injured in these accidents fight for the compensation they need. Contact us to learn how to protect your rights.

"What are my options if I've been hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver?"

If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your own insurance policy, you are covered. Even though the other driver caused the accident, your insurance company will pay for your medical expenses and property damage. It's a very good idea to get this type of coverage.

Another option could be available to you if you own more than one vehicle. The state of Alabama allows you to "stack" vehicles on your policy. Let's say you own 2 cars and have insurance coverage of $25,000 per person for bodily injury. Because you have 2 cars, a total of $50,000 would be available to you for medical expenses.

If the other driver is underinsured, all claims would first come out that driver's insurance policy. If medical expenses and property damages exceed the covered amounts, that's when your uninsured motorist coverage would kick in.

But if you don't have this type of coverage, you would have to try to recover damages through a lawsuit against the other driver.

"How can you help if I've been in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver?"

If you have uninsured motorist coverage, we can help you get the maximum amount of money for your claim. Insurance companies frequently try to minimize payments. We can prove the extent of your injuries, medical expenses and property damage to negotiate a higher amount of compensation.

But if you don't have uninsured motorist coverage, we can help you build a case against the negligent driver to recover damages. While this can be a lengthy process, our team of investigators and experts can help us build a solid case. We will continue to fight for your rights until we get results-either by settlement or in court.

Getting in an accident with an uninsured driver can add even more stress to a situation that is already extremely stressful. You can count on our experience attorneys to help guide you during this difficult situation.

Super LawyersLife Memeber Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Top Trial Lawyers in AmericaAssociation of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of AmericaAV PreeminentNTL Top 100 Members

Braswell Murphy, LLC

105 N. Conception St. #100 Mobile, AL 36602

(251) 438-7503