Attorney Archie Grubb – Fighting for Clients in Alabama and Georgia
Attorney Archie Grubb’s practice focuses on personal injury, consumer fraud, business and insurance disputes, and whistleblower cases.
Archie served as co-counsel in two successful class action lawsuits that provided millions of dollars in relief to homeowners who paid for force-placed flood insurance. Additionally, he played an active role in the multidistrict litigation related to the Volkswagen and Fiat Chrysler vehicle emissions, which resulted in billions paid to more than 600,000 diesel vehicle owners and lessees. He currently serves on the court-appointed steering committee in a product liability class action on behalf of millions of Apple iPhone owners.
Archie has counseled whistleblowers from a variety of settings, including the pharmaceutical industry, defense industry, hospital and medical practice, hospice and home health, and for-profit education. Archie represented one of six whistleblowers responsible for a $39 million settlement in a False Claims Act case alleging illegal kickbacks and off-label marketing by a pharmaceutical company. Archie also represented a group of whistleblowers who helped close a for-profit college that lied to students, accreditors and the federal government concerning attendance, graduation rates, and job placement.
In addition to the cases noted above, Archie has successfully handled the following matters:
- $3.3 million for personal injuries caused by a drunk driver.
- $1.8 million for a business insurance coverage dispute.
- $1.2 million for breach of a business partnership agreement.
- $575,000 for an insurance coverage dispute.
- $400,000 for a breach of contract claim between two businesses.
- $300,000 for the purchaser of a defective product.
- $250,000 for a civil rights violation.
- $225,000 for a supplier alleging breach of contract against its buyer.
- $200,000 for a business alleging breach of contract and breach of confidentiality.
- $162,500 for a manufacturer for breach of contract and bad faith against its insurance carrier.
- $150,000 for a merchant alleging breach of contract and bad faith against its insurance carrier.
- $150,000 for a consumer injured by a dangerous product.
- Multiple five and six figure claims for retaliation against whistleblowers.
- Multiple five and six figure consumer fraud claims.
- Multiple five and six figure personal injury claims.
- University of Alabama School of Law (2003, J.D.)
- University of Alabama Honors College (1995, History and Political Science)
Archie is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in Alabama and Georgia. He has been specially admitted to practice in numerous federal courts throughout the United States.
Legal Associations / Memberships
- American Association for Justice (Class Action Litigation Group)
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund, an organization dedicated to supporting whistleblowers.
Legal Awards / Recognition
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating for legal skill and ethics, awarded to only about 10 percent of lawyers.
- Recognized by the Montgomery County Bar Association in 2012 and 2013 for pro bono work through the Alabama State Bar’s Volunteer Lawyer Program.
- Selected as President of the Chattahoochee Circuit Bar Association in 2008 (comprising six counties in Georgia).
Archie served for many years on the board of directors of a home for abused and neglected children (caring for up to 30 children). He coached youth sports for many years. He is also a co-founder of the Unity Group, a partnership between predominantly black and white churches.
Archie has given CLE presentations on various aspects of consumer litigation in Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Los Angeles, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. He has given multiple CLE presentations to over 1,000 lawyers in Montgomery, Alabama. Archie has given CLE presentations on whistleblower litigation at Troy State University and Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law.